With sun-filled destinations, cooled by the winds coming off the Mediterranean, the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region is always innovating to enchant visitors looking for the dolce vita, the avant-garde and strong emotions. In 2018, with major events, outstanding chefs, prestigious or discreet restaurants, locavore shopping and special guests, accommodation beside the sea or close to the stars, a stay in the region of lights is an even fuller experience. So, at the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur Regional Tourism Board we hope that everyone will add their own discoveries!
KEY FIGURES FOR TOURISM IN PROVENCE-ALPES-CÔTE D’AZUR
- 30 million visitors to Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, with 6 million from overseas.
- At its annual peak (around 15 August) an estimated 2.6 million visitors.
- Average amount spent per day and per person: €64 (€53 for French visitors, €114 for the overseas clientele).
- 207 million overnight stays (with 44 % of visitors in paid accommodation).
- 18 billion euros in annual revenues linked to visitor spending. 13% of regional GDP.
- 35 million euros in revenues for towns through the tourist tax.
- 25,000 companies and over 140,000 jobs – almost 10% of salaried employment in the region.
- Over 2,000 hotels, 700 campsites, 420 tourist residences.